Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

To Every Season, There is a Soup

Turn, turn, turn. 
Here is my recipe for the most fabulous split pea soup ever eaten in our household. It is also very easy to throw together, and tastes even better after it has been around a day or two. I made a double batch last time, and thought we'd have some to freeze (wrong!). 

We eat a very limited amount of meat, but if meat-less split pea soup doesn't work for you and yours, you can throw some pork into the mix. Although I will tell you, my husband slurps it up, and the poor guy is really only mostly-vegetarian-by-proxy. 


This soup is, as my mother used to say, delicious and nutritious!

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for a recipe for this. I will come back and let you know how it taste.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping at Farmhouse Garden! I love to hear from you...