Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things.....

Wacky retro knits in a variety of patterns, scored at the auction last weekend, just laundered and fresh from the dryer. 


These are my favorites of the bunch.....
The bug fabric will be used for a dress for the little one. Me Encanta the pink birds, but I don't know what I'll do with them yet, and the best of the bunch, the awesome deco vining flower print, is just enough fabric for a simple top.

B.T.W., these fabrics came from the estate of a local woman, and there were MASS QUANTITIES of craft items including trash cans full of yarn, about 30 boxes of fabric, and needlepoint and leathercraft materials as well as books and patterns galore. I bought two boxes of fabric and a box of patterns myself. As I sorted through the piles trying to decide which to bid on, I couldn't help but remark aloud, "And I thought I had a stash!" The seventy year old lady on my right quickly replied "You and me both!" 

Note to self- you can't take it with you. Sew with the fabric you love! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping at Farmhouse Garden! I love to hear from you...