Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Simplicity 9099 in Floral Denim

My husband's shots are always either come hither, goofy, or with my head cut off. I've opted to share some goofy here today....
This is what I like to refer to as "pressure washer chic."

I really love this fabric. The skirt should have been easy to sew, as it is a Jiffy pattern, but I flubbed it up every step of the way. Inside the waistband is a gnarled nest of threads, but despite that it turned out quite well in the end. Good thing, because I might have cried if I killed this denim.

The fabric itself was a thrift shop find. I think it ran me 50 cents or a buck. Here is the pattern. I widened the side darts at the waist by sewing 1/4 less and tapering in 3" down to match the original darts. I also lengthened the front darts 1", cut the waistband larger, and shortened the skirt 4" for a modern mini.


His pattern is a nice basic and sits at my natural waist so I can actually wear some of the vintage tops I have sewn. I am actually planning on sewing another skirt today...hopefully in a Jiffy and minus the forehead smacking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping at Farmhouse Garden! I love to hear from you...