Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Simplicity 8239 Wearable Muslin

Simplicity 8239 Image via the Vintage Pattern Wiki

I have hunted this pattern in my size for a long time, and when I finally got it, it was really for a song! I even drafted my own a few years ago from a tank, but I made the overlap too narrow and I have lived in fear of showing my rear whenever I wear it. So, finally, I got my own copy and sewed it up immediately. 

I made this wearable muslin version from an old bed sheet. The neckline and armholes are bias bound. I made no alterations to the pattern, and it is a bit snug/restrictive through the neck and shoulders. Otherwise, it fits well. Oh, wait! I did shorten it 4". Those pins wanna be free! 

Me and my little model buddy flippin' hair



I think this will make a fun beach cover up for summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping at Farmhouse Garden! I love to hear from you...