Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Little Rainbow

I finished Biggie's coat up last night. There are a couple of little wonky bits, but I'll either fix them, or keep it to myself. I don't want to spoil my accomplishment by pointing out the flaws. And who cares anyway? Look how freaking cute she is in her jacket:




It is snuggly and warm, and will be perfect for the time being until it is really cold. Then she will wear the super duper crazy warm jacket her grandma got her. 

I really enjoyed making this jacket for my little Gremlin, and my sewing confidence is improving. I sewed this entirely without instructions, so I must be getting the hang of the basics! I plan on diving right into a Christmas dress for her to wear in her holiday photos. That will be from a vintage pattern, and I already have the farbic cut out and ready to go. 

Oh, and yesterday I managed to turn a total fail, a thing that was supposed to be a shell with a mandarin collar, into a wearable tank with rib knit at the arm and necklines. it was my first time working with rib knit- it was super easy and the finished result is nice. The fit of my shirt isn't perfect, but it is just as good as rtw, and I am so happy I didn't waste all of that fabric. Up next for me is a pretty, vintage blouse. I think. I never know, sometimes I just go off on a tear, and I do still have a trench to finish...

2 comments:

  1. No one else ever notices your mistakes. I remember, I made jeans about 5 years ago, and after I finished them I thought "Man... these suck! I am so embarassed with myself!" I had a long list of things I thought I had done wrong... I pulled them out about 6 months ago and thought to myself "hey, where did I buy these?" When I realized I had made them...

    I always find I like what I've sewn if I let it sit for a while and come back to it a litle later, all the challenges and stuggles you had while sewing it fade away and you realize how awesome it is that you *Actually made* something!

    Phew... I've written a novel. Really cute pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, both of you! I appreciate all of the positive reinforcement- we seamstresses need it sometimes, like when we start sewing things backwards and have to pick them apart ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping at Farmhouse Garden! I love to hear from you...