Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

My little girl is pretty obsessed with The Wizard of Oz as of late. She doesn't find any of it scary, and she loves the characters and songs, of course.

After she went to bed tonight, I sewed her up her own little reminder that there's no place like home.
I made them using fabric salvaged from a ruby colored sequined child's vest I found at Goodwill today for $2, and lined them with scraps from my Matron of Honor Dress. I also used some Jiffy No Slip Sole fabric on the soles so she won't slip around in them. The pattern is the Kasey Mary Jane shoe from I Think Sew, and they went together easily. The only trouble I had was my own silly mistake because I was getting tired.

Does this make me a good witch??

They'll be waiting for our girl in the morning, and I know she'll love them! 

4 comments:

Thanks for stopping at Farmhouse Garden! I love to hear from you...