Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

In a sewing frenzy!

I ordered a Brother serger online last week, and in anticipation of
it's arrival, I began sewing. I made the patterned red baby sling I
have been wanting to make for months. Then, the serger arrived, and it
was fabulous! It was everything I dreamed it would be! I began serging
with a vengence and very little knowledge of what I was doing. No
garment was safe from my cut-and-sew-in-one-step beauty. I started
looking for ideas and projects online, and a whole new obsession
overtook me. Check out what I have been doing lately at my Burda Style
page:

http://www.burdastyle.com/profiles/resch_8@hotmail.com

Pictured here are two of my latest creations (three if you count
Arabel, but that is a whole different creative process), a skirt
upcycled from a men's button down shirt and a lavender baby sling. I
am so excited about the possibilities for my future wardrobe,
entertainment, and gift giving! If I meet you in a dark alley, run,
run. I'll steal the shirt off your back and turn it into a cardigan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping at Farmhouse Garden! I love to hear from you...