Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Secondhand Showcase

Sad to say, after my first Secondhand Showcase post last week, I had a slow thrifting week this week. I got a play kitchen for the baby on the cheap, a few vintage patterns, and a special sewing machine foot for sewing on sequins and elastic. Also, we had an incident where a clothing rack collapsed as we were looking through it! Thrifting can be dangerous biz!

So, I'll show some recent acquisitions that go right along with the holiday weekend. A couple of weeks ago I scored a great floral 70s bathing suit as well as a good condition electric blue 60s Jantzen bikini.


Cute, huh? As neither suit was my size (I have a middle school bust :), I listed both in my Etsy shop. The floral tankini has since sold. 

Oh, and the vintage bathing suit talk reminds me, I got a photo of the vintage style suit I made for myself. Here it is modeled in front of our vintage 60's Shasta camper. As the hubby is just about finished with work for the school year, I was cleaning it up a bit in the hopes we'll be camping out again soon.  


The baby was having a pool party. She has all the fun!!!! 


2 comments:

  1. Cut suits! And I love your Shasta! We have a '68 Serro Scotty. I re-did the interior last summer and LOVE camping more than ever now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vintage-style suit is adorable!! I reeeeally need to finish mine...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping at Farmhouse Garden! I love to hear from you...