Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Homemade Custom Sew-in Tags

Today I took a break from a biggie sewing project I have been working on to do a small and satisfying project. I have wanted my own sew-in labels for my handmade clothing for some time, and I was originally planning to order some. Instead I did a Google search for sew-in tags, and I found this tutorial. I had everything I needed to make these, so I decided to give it a whirl.

I love them! I think they turned out very nicely, and I spent some time this afternoon sewing them into some of my handmade garments. I do come across home sewn clothing frequently in the thrift shops, and I always wonder about who made the items and when. Well, if anyone ever comes across mine they will know when they were made, and they can stop on by in the virtual sense if they are curious to know who is sewing formal spring capes in the year 2011.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping at Farmhouse Garden! I love to hear from you...