Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

All Caught Up

I am all caught up on my bra for the Ooh La La sew along, and I am pretty darn pleased.
My ma and I found tons of silk in a Goodwill when I went to visit her, and I used a fawn silk that I bought for this bra. Why stash it?
I cut the cups on the bias, and underlined them with sew in tricot interfacing. I basted the heck out of it. 
I was going to line the bra, but it didn't work out. It seemed like the lining was going to make it lumpy, although it worked out fine in the cotton version I made. It's ok. I just pinked all of my seams, but it is tidy enough for a second ever bra.

For me, the tricky part was sewing elastic on neatly, but I got a few great tips from Sarah, one of the ladies leading the sew along, and it went on nicely!

Now for straps and closure! Is it sad that this is already the prettiest bra I own? I have really let my underwear drawer go. Ah, no worries though- I already bought some pretty navy lace at the thrift today for a third go with this pattern!

6 comments:

  1. It is looking very pretty and has a very vintage feel! It looks like your elastic went on very nicely! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I appreciate the guidance. I have had a hard time with getting the elastic on prettily in the past. Your instructions and photos helped out a lot.

      Delete
  2. It's looking great! I have made the oh lala corset but never managed to get going on the bra. Some catching up I think. x x x
    Well done though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! I might go back and do the corset. Not sure, but I am excited to sew more undies next. Sewing is an illness....

      Delete
  3. This is such a cool idea! Does she explain how to do underwire? And a silk bra.. Divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! They aren't doing underwire this time, but there are posts at Sarah's blog about adding elastic for support. Panties come next, so even if you don't like a bra without underwire, you can stop in for that.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping at Farmhouse Garden! I love to hear from you...