Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Rusty Corded Shell

What the heck is this woman talking about "Rusty Corded Shell?"

I finished this shell blouse a couple of weeks ago, and while it was pretty straightforward in construction, I decided to add some embellishment to the front by making a corded design. It was a major pain to turn the cord, as my fabric was really too heavy for this, but I persevered/ stubbornly continued on and ended up with this.
 I can always count on the hubby to cut off the top of my head in an already crappy iPhone pic. That's ok, it makes my five-head a forehead.

I used Butterick 3286 in a size 32" bust. I don't know what is up with this pattern, but it fits me pretty well and I am a 37" bust. I guess it's because it's supposed to be an "overblouse."

Although it is far from perfect, I really like it, and I plan to try again with a lighter weight fabric. If you are interested in trying this technique, check out the Coletterie tutorial here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping at Farmhouse Garden! I love to hear from you...