I like to incorporate these healthy eggs into a lot of our meals, as I avoid eating and cooking meat for the most part, and we must include other types of protein in our family diet. I have posted before about pudding from fresh eggs, and I thought it would be fun to post recipes and ideas for using eggs that might not be in everyone's regular rotation.
So, to start, here is a breakfast I made for the baby and I that is easy and sure to please- Eggs in a Basket.
- Heat a frying pan with a pat of butter to medium heat. Don't get it too hot.
- Use a cup to cut a hole in a couple slices of bread.
- Put the bread in the pan and crack an egg in the hole.
- Cook until done on one side, and flip. Continue cooking on side two until your eggs are as you like them. If you like them scrambled, I imagine you could just beat them before pouring them in.
- Put a pat of butter on top, and drizzle with a bit of maple syrup. Mmmmmmm.
I made ours with Pannetone, but of course, their are a million ways to switch this recipe up further- you could use a variety of breads, add cheese, add herbs and spices, garlic, onions, peppers, or sauces, such as hollandaise. Give it a crack! Oh, the terrible puns!